Sixth Form Dress Code - September 2018-2019
Following a period of consultation with students (both current and prospective), Parents, Staff and Governors, an updated Dress Code for Cleeve Sixth Form Centre of Excellence has been agreed from September 2018.
The Sixth Form Dress Code is compulsory for all members of the Sixth Form. The Dress Code for our students has been devised to create an appropriate balance between smartness and the need for students to express their own individual style and personality.
As we open the new £5 million Sixth Form Centre of Excellence this summer, it is important we set the correct standard and maintain it.
We look forward to welcoming both existing and new students to the Sixth Form Centre of Excellence in September 2018.
Please see below for the following Sixth Form Dress Code criteria and Guidance Pack available to download below:
- Tailored trousers (full length)
- Smart navy or black jeans (full length - no distressed or ripped jeans)
|Skirts and Dresses||
- Skirts and dresses must be tailored and of an appropriate length
(no mini skirts or skater skirts permitted)
|Shirts and Blouses||
- Smart shirts or blouses
(Shirts and blouses should be opaque)
|Jumpers and Cardigans||
- Plain smart jumper or cardigan
(No large logo, image or lettering is permitted)
- Coats and waterproof jackets
- Hats, scarves and gloves
(no outdoor wear must be worn in the school buildings)
- Smart shoes or boots e.g Oxford, Monk, Loafers, Boat Shoes, Moccasins, Flats and Brogues
- A small and sensible heel is permitted
- Plain opaque tights are permitted
- Blazer/Jacket and Tie are optional items for Sixth Form students
Applying to all Sixth Form students
- A Cleeve Sixth Form Lanyard must be worn at all times while on the school premises.
- Plain religious headscarves are permitted.
- No visible piercings other than discreet earrings, maximum of two per ear and one discreet nose stud is permitted. No visible tattoos.
- Extreme hair styles, including unnatural hair colours are not permitted
- For some subjects like PE, practical sportswear can be worn during lessons only. This is at the discretion of your Teacher and will only be allowed during that lesson and not before or after.
Prohibited Dress Items
The following items are NOT permitted as part of the Sixth Form Dress Code:
- Ripped and/or distressed jeans
- Jogging and/or tracksuit bottoms
- Vest/tank tops
- Cropped and/or strappy tops
- T-shirts and/or polo shirts
- Trainers and/or plimsolls
- Uggs, Sandals, Flip Flops, High Heels, Wedges
- Student groups will be invited to create visual guidance documents to host on the school website on the range of clothes appropriate for Sixth Form Dress. We have not limited this to specific colours.
- We look forward to taking our Year 12 students and all Year 11 applicants on a tour of the new Sixth Form Centre of Excellence in the next couple of months.
If you have any concerns or queries regarding the Sixth Form Dress Code, please email Head of Sixth Form, Mr Slatter to email@example.com