16-19 Study Programmes
The Sixth Form at Cleeve School meets the requirements of 16-19 Study Programmes by:
- Providing individualised routes of learning for students by allowing a choice of A Levels, BTEC Nationals or a combination of the two.
- Offering courses that build on student attainment at GCSE in order to allow students to progress to a higher level of learning once leaving us.
- Personalising timetables to meet the needs and career aspirations of students, for example the addition of the EPQ, continuing with four subjects or reducing from 4 to 3 AS Levels.
- Providing GCSE Maths and English retake lessons for any Sixth Form student who has not achieved a Grade A*-C at GCSE.
- Entering these students for GCSE examinations in November and June.
- Providing Work Experience opportunities for all Sixth Formers including a block week in Year 12.
- Providing longer-term work experience placements for those on vocational courses.
- Providing detailed, independent and timely careers advice and guidance to our students through means such as:
- Weekly Sixth Form Careers Advisor sessions
- Use of software highlighting labour market trends such as UniFrog
- Careers Evenings
- Trips and visits to help students make career decisions (both subject specific and more general such as
The Skills Show
- Careers activities as part of the Sixth Form Tutorial Programme
- External speakers such as Elevate Education
- Providing non-qualification activity to develop character such as Tutorial Programme, PSHE sessions, Challenge and Employability Days, Active Participation etc